Wednesday, March 10, 2010

December 22, 1943

Dearest Darling,

Well another day has gone by and again no letter but I guess I will get at least one tomorrow. I still haven't gotten any mail from Sister and Papa (his sister and dad) since you and I were together on Long Island. I wrote to Everett (his brother), should hear from him in a few days.

Honey ask Mama and Dad (Mom's parents) if they know Odis Young Jr., R.F.D. #3, Martinsville, VA. I found one of his dog tags on the train and thought that Mama might know him.

Honey I can't tell you where I am other than I am on the western coast and am making out O.K.

Honey tell that crazy Warren (Mom's brother) to write to me and also all the rest of the folks.

Well Honey this isn't like the times when I could come home every night but keep your chin up and we will be together again one of these days.

Honey if you can, buy some kind of Christmas present for Mama and Dad for me. I would like to get them all one but can't make it. If you still want that fur coat go ahead and get it for Christmas.

Well darling I will close for this time with lots and lots of love.

Love always
Your hubby
Marvin

No comments:

Post a Comment