Monday, March 15, 2010

December 1943 / January 1944

Dearest Darling,

I received your first letter which was addressed to my new address and it sure helps out a lot when I can sit and read a sweet letter from you.

Well Darling I hope this finds you and all the rest of the folks getting along O.K. as for myself I am having trouble with my left foot swelling, I have to keep it taped up most of the time but it isn't anything to worry about.

I haven't heard from Everett (his brother) as yet but am looking for a letter from him soon.

I got a Christmas card from Gladys (his brother Harold's wife), it was one of those with the picture of her and Martha (his niece) on it.

Honey I got a card from someone in Richmond and it was signed "Your Cousin" and addressed to me at Camp Edwards and whoever it was knew I had been reduced to the grade of Private because it was addressed as Private. Do you know who it was?

Darling I hope all of you had a nice Christmas, as for myself it didn't even seem like Christmas.

Well Darling there isn't much that I can write about so I guess you understand why my letters are so short.

Darling I will close for now with lots and lots of love. Honey I sure do miss you.

Love always
Your hubby
Marvin

1 comment:

  1. Dear Teresa....your Dad's letters are so sweet, thank you for sharing....it an honor to read them. hugs, Linda

    p.s. Did your mom get her fur coat?

    ReplyDelete